Gastric Bypass Surgery
Our doctors perform laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery using minimally invasive techniques in a state-of-the-art hospital to provide patients with a reduced, comfortable recovery.See More Videos
The Gastric Bypass in Mexico, also known as the RNY, or Roux en Y surgery, is considered the Gold Standard for weight loss surgery. The Gastric Bypass surgery is the single most successful procedure for excess weight loss and long-term weight control. The Gastric Bypass works by limiting your nutritional and caloric intake, through malabsorption, allowing the patient the opportunity to lose more excess body weight within a shorter period of time.
By creating a smaller stomach pouch, the patient will be restricted in terms of how much he or she is able to eat, allowing the patient to feel full quickly, and by removing a meter and a half of intestine and reconnecting the remainder to the new stomach pouch, this allows the patient to process most of the food in the intestine, thus allowing for most of the calories to bypass the body.
With this procedure Type 2 Diabetes may be reversible in most cases.
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
90% WEIGHT LOSS
1 YEAR TO REACH GOAL
The Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico takes between 2 to 3 hours. The patient on average should lose between 10 and 20 pounds per month for the first year.
*Notice the results may vary for each patient depending on many factors related to race, age, health, gender and whether or not the patient follows the doctor’s post-operative instructions.
- Hyperlipidemia is corrected for most patients.
- Essential hypertension is relieved in most patients, as is the medication requirements which may also be reduced.
- Obstructive sleep apnea has been known to improve with weight loss and weight loss surgery may help a patient eliminate their sleep apnea through weight loss.
- Snoring may also improve for most patients as they lose weight.
- Type 2 diabetes can be reversed in most patients usually leading to normal blood sugar levels without using medication, for some patients, even within days of surgery.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Reflux or Heartburn) may be relieved for many patients.
- Venous thromboembolic disease signs such as leg swelling are typically alleviated.
- Lower back pain and joint pain is typically relieved or improved for many patients.
- The patient may lose a majority of their excess body weight with this procedure.
- The overall quality of life for patient may drastically improve.