If you are thinking about Bariatric Surgery, it is important to get all the information you need and ask yourself if you are ready to have bariatric surgery. Patients who undergo bariatric surgery, have to be mentally emotionally and physically prepared. Weight loss surgery is a big decision to make and one that can change your life forever.
Bariatric Surgery is a big life changer, and you can make your decision to have weight loss surgery a permanent and successful one, only if you are committed to making changes in your lifestyle and habits. Many people research bariatric surgery for many years and never take action. There could be many reasons to explain why the decision of having bariatric surgery is not an easy one to make; however, you should have a screening process to see if you qualify. This evaluation will determine if the health benefits of the surgery outweigh the serious risks and if you are medically and psychologically ready to undergo the procedure.
Am I ready to have Bariatric Surgery? The following conditions should help you answer this question:
- Your BMI (body mass index) is 30 or higher
- You have a serious weight-related health problem, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or other comorbidities.
- Weight Loss with diet and exercise has been successful in the past but with weight regain.
- Your psychological evaluation determines you have healthy mental conditions for bariatric surgery.
- Willingness and ability to follow through with recommendations and carry out prescribed changes in your diet and exercise routine.
- The knowledge that Bariatric Surgery is not a miracle procedure, it is a tool that helps you to stick with the healthy lifestyle changes.
- The surgeon may need you to meet certain other medical guidelines to qualify for weight-loss surgery to be sure that you have no contraindications to surgery.
- Your age is appropriate. You should be at least 15 years old and no more than 70 years of age on the other end of the spectrum.
- You are well informed about the bariatric surgical procedures of choice, their risks, and side effects after the surgery.
The surgical weight loss journey is not an easy path to navigate. So, it is important to ask yourself am I ready to have a Bariatric Surgery? And take a close look at how you deal with all the important aspects to consider and especially to those related to giving up old habits that probably fill emotional spaces that reside within your body.
Remember you need to wrap your brain around the idea you are having a surgery that is a tool to help you diet, and then when you achieve your goal weight you will shift to focus on a healthy lifestyle.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURES OFFERED BY WEIGHT LOSS TEAM AND DR. HIDALGO IN PUERTO VALLARTA MEXICO.
Of course, Weight Loss Team, and its staff of experts will be more than ready to guide you and help you understand the options available to you for your weight loss surgery in Mexico, and to see if you are actually ready for the Bariatric surgery you are wanting to have. Also, Weight Loss Team will help you with guidance so that you make the right decision for the best possible results. If you have had prior weight loss surgery and maybe did not have the results you were hoping for, Dr. Hidalgo and Weight Loss Team can also help perform a revision surgery to get you back on track. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
For more information:
Telephone: Toll free 1 (800) 404-9064 or + 1 (818) 949-6911