Tips for having a healthy Christmas after Weight Loss Surgery
Being aware of how your life will be after Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico is the key to a patient’s weight loss surgery success. The reason for this is because the patient will have long-term successful results if they are mentally prepared to adjust to their new lifestyle and that includes preparing for holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. Being on a diet during the holiday season is not easy, and a weight loss surgery patient needs to be mentally prepared to have a successful holiday season so that not only do they not gain weight but may even lose weight during the holidays.
Christmas is coming and Thanksgiving has passed, and obviously as Weight Loss Surgery patients, one worries because these family feasts are a good time to be a foodie but not such good time for those trying to stick to a weight loss journey. We understand these holiday seasons are quite challenging after having Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico. However, Christmas festivities and holidays should be moments to enjoy, not suffering through. That said, here we will try to provide some tips to prevent your weight from increasing over these holiday seasons.
- The first thing to do is to have a plan in place about what you should eat and what to avoid so that you can enjoy in moderation. Remember protein options are your best friend.
- Have a healthy snack before a festive party. Do not skip meals to save calories for the feast. Do not arrive at the party hungry. Drink a protein shake ahead of the party to have energy, and to feel full longer.
- Drink plenty of water, stay hydrated. Try to drink water throughout the party, just remember to not drink liquids 20-30 minutes after eating.
- Never skip breakfast or you will tend to eat more later in the day. Do not miss your protein shake.
- Pay attention to portion sizes and after eating remove the food so you don’t graze.
- Start always with protein, eat slowly and track your intake
- Try not to eat while socializing. This is tricky during the holiday parties, but enjoy the conversation and eat when you can focus on what you are having and the quantity of it.
- Sit far away from buffet or kitchen
- Go easy on alcohol drinks and avoid egg nog. Alcohol will slow down your weight loss and metabolism, and egg nog is very high in sugar and carbs.
- Select carefully food you truly want to try. Do not eat just because there is plenty of food to eat.
- Bring a healthy option at the gathering. This is important if you are not sure what is going to be offered. Pack some beef jerky, a protein bar, or even a protein shake. You can also bring turkey or roast beef wraps or something portable and easy to eat.
- During the holiday season try to exercise more. Increase your minutes to make up for the extra calories you will be consuming.
- Find a healthy alternative to some of your favorites, look online use google and be smart about what you cook, prepare and eat.
- If you cook, substitute high in fat sour cream with protein-rich Greek yogurt and swap out refined sugar with honey, Stevia, Splenda or natural sweetener
It is very easy to lose sight of a healthy eating plan during the holiday season. Commit yourself to make healthier choices and your post-weight loss surgery body will thank you for it. You can still enjoy seasonal goodies and your favorite holiday dishes if you make them with healthy substituted items. Remember to avoid carbs and sugars at all costs.
Preventing holiday weight gain is a challenge for everyone, not only for Weight Loss Surgery patients. Following the tips we shared above, will help you keep on track and successfully get through the holiday season.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURES OFFERED BY WEIGHT LOSS TEAM AND DR. HIDALGO IN PUERTO VALLARTA.
Of course, Weight Loss Team, and its staff of experts will be more than ready to guide you through your journey to have a healthy Christmas season. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
For more information:
Telephone: Toll free 1(800)404-9064 or + 1(818)949-6911