What to eat during the holidays to avoid gaining weight
The Holidays are almost here again! This time is typically spent with family, friends, having parties, celebrations, and eating great food. We also know that during the holidays we know deep down that we are all going to gain weight, so what do we need to eat during the holidays to avoid gaining weight?
During these holidays in particular we really should count our blessings for our loved one's friends and family those closest to us. The holidays should not be spent worrying about the weight we are possibly going to gain. We should spend these holidays with quality time with our loved ones, and take what we eat and drink in moderation. The key to eating during the holidays is to make an eating plan for every gathering and festivities that way you don’t you’re yourself stuck or eating the wrong foods. Dr. Hidalgo the leading bariatric surgeon in Puerto Vallarta Mexico recommends some of these foods and tips that you can try without compromising your diet goals and a small idea of what foods you need to avoid.
- Moderation is the key. Eat small portions
- Protein shakes are part of your day. Do not miss it every morning
- Stick to your regular eating patterns
- Fill half your small plate with protein (seafood, ham, turkey, and the other half with salad or green vegetables. You can leave a tablespoon for your favorite dish to the very last tiny space of your plate. Eat your food in the same order, starting with the protein, then veggies, and finally the small amount of the Holiday delight you chose.
- If you want to drink something, drink sparkling water with a twist of citrus instead of champagne. Avoid alcohol altogether and sodas as well.
- Choose to make a puree of cauliflower instead of creamy mashed potatoes or try other keto-friendly substitutions.
- Be prepared to receive tempting food or have leftovers so, have a plan for what to do with them.
- Avoid carbs and fat greasy food
- Keep active and busy, interacting and enjoying time with your family planning non-food Christmas activities and traditions.
- Exercise every day
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Be confident in yourself. Enjoy festivities and have fun
The festive season might be sometimes a stressful time for weight loss surgery patients. They might be anxious and worried. However, they should not fight with their new stomach but embrace their opportunity to enjoy a new lifestyle.
There are many amazing recipes you can find online that are listed by appetizers, entrees, side dishes, drinks, and desserts, all focused on low-carb and high protein diets. Just make yourself a meal plan for holidays and if you are cooking then even better, make these dishes for your friends and family!
If you are committed to your weight goals, just follow the tips we shared above, they will help you to be successfully prepared for the holiday season.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Clinic of Dr. Juan F. Hidalgo
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911