After making the important decision of having a Bariatric Surgery in Mexico, it could happen that patients are so excited and nervous at the same time that they do not know what they would need to pack for their trip. With all of the excitement, some patients having weight loss surgery in Mexico, may forget to ask and then probably end up running to the store for some last-minute shopping, misplacing something, or forgetting to pack something that would be essential to their travel.
Patients should take their time to be prepared for their trip because even though they will spend one or two nights in the hospital, depending on the surgery they will have, they will probably plan to stay for a week in the beautiful paradise known as Puerto Vallarta Mexico.
Packing for a trip like this becomes more important for a traveler due to the matter of being a medical procedure such as bariatric surgery so, they should take into account the following:
- Have their passport book ready
- Antigen or PCR Test results (if you don’t have this you may take an antigen Covid test at the Puerto Vallarta Airport)
- Spending Cash in US Dollars to avoid the transaction fee of using your credit/debit card internationally
- Comfortable loose-fitting clothes and extra underwear
- House slippers /socks with tread
- Sleep aids (earplugs, sleep mask)
- One pair of sneakers or sandals
- A bathing suit for before surgery
- Gas X strips or similar
- Entertainment: Laptop, tablet, cell phone, magazines or books
- Tablet and phone charges
- Protein powder shakes and blender bottle
- Personal hygiene items
- CPAP Machine if you use it
- Your current medications
Some patients would rather go alone on their trip to Mexico, but some feel that would absolutely need a companion. Whatever the patient decides, they just have to arrange all the things that they will need to have everything ready for their surgery and trip. Weight Loss Team the very best bariatric center in Puerto Vallarta will be more than happy to help guide patients through their weight loss journey.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Center at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911