How to lose weight after Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Gastric Sleeve Surgery has a great impact on an obese person’s life in many aspects. That is why it is very important that patients examine their old habits and figure out which of those are the ones that need to be changed in order to lose weight and reach their weight goal. Patients, after surgery, will likely be required to make big changes to their lifestyle, which will obviously include following their surgeon’s post-weight loss surgery instructions. Here we will show you a few tips on how to lose weight after Gastric Sleeve surgery in Mexico.
Committing to a post-Gastric Sleeve surgery diet and making lifestyle changes requires many interpersonal adjustments for the individual, how patients think about themselves; some patients gain much more confidence as they successfully change their lifestyle and manage their weight loss. Mental health can also be an important part of postoperative weight loss and a healthy new life.
Embracing this new life breaking all those old habits is ultimately in every patient’s hands. So, they must first understand what the surgeon means when they are told that the ‘Gastric Sleeve is not a magic pill, but rather a lifestyle change’, because that is going to be the key to their weight loss surgery success.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery typically helps patients achieve substantial weight loss in about 18 to 24 months. As such, patients need to have realistic expectations and follow all those winning tips and strategies they will need in their daily habits to lose weight and to keep the weight off such as:
- Follow strictly the post-op diet without any excuses
- Adding plenty of protein to their diet will help the patient lose weight in addition to belly fat.
- No snacking. This habit is one of the biggest enemies of post weight loss surgery patients
- Exercise regularly. Physical activity is very important for long-term success. Exercise will help patient`s mobility and have great benefits on their body and health
- Stay Hydrated by drinking water. This does not mean soda, coffee, tea, or juice. It means you should avoid liquids with calories. Alcohol contains calories but minimal nutrition and obviously will work against your weight loss goal.
- A healthy sleeping pattern is another key to success. Inadequate sleep could be one contributing factor in weight gain.
- Quitting smoking should be seriously considered before and after the weight loss procedure to feel better. Smoking or chewing tobacco leads to the decreased blood supply to patients ‘body delaying healing.
- Stress management. Out of control stress can lead to wrong choices which will hinder a patient's weight loss journey successful.
- Patients must include vitamins and supplements in their diary diet as they would help to regulate their body’s core processes such as appetite and hunger, nutrient absorption, fat and sugar metabolism, energy storage, brain activity, and thyroid function
Gastric Sleeve surgery helps speed up patient’s weight loss but the progress towards their goal weight will be on each patient. The sleeve is a wonderful tool to help you lose weight. Weight Loss Team in Puerto Vallarta offers a variety of helpful resources to assist their patients in their weight loss journey, from Gastric Sleeve surgery, to Gastric Bypass there are many tools to help the patient achieve their weight loss success. Gastric Sleeve Surgery is very safe and, when performed by a knowledgeable and experienced surgeon, has a very high success rate. The amount of weight patients will lose, and how fast they lose it, depends on each patient's commitment to following the program and diet after their surgery.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Surgery Center at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911