How Weight Loss Surgery changes your life
Can weight loss surgery actually change your life? The answer is yes it can! It is very common for is obese or overweight people to consider having weight loss surgery to help them achieve their weight loss goals, and today many patients are traveling to Mexico to achieve weight loss success. These patients who are looking to have surgery are not looking for a magic pill, but rather a tool to help them get the weight off and to change their lives in a positive way.
Weight Loss Surgery is an effective tool for obese people to achieve a considerable amount of weight loss while improving other diseases that may be affecting their bodies that are related to their obesity such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, or even cancer. In addition to the improvements in health and life longevity, Weight Loss Surgery improves the overall quality of life, giving the patient lots of benefits that will impact important aspects of their daily life.
Here below, we share some of the life changes that patients should or could have with Weight Loss Surgery:
- Patients will not live only for eating. They will realize that surgery changes the way their body processes food. Food usually becomes a fuel to help the patient and their bodies pursue their goals but will not rule their life. The patient will eat to live, not live to eat.
- Patients with different types of comorbidities or medical diseases or problems caused by obesity will find that with bariatric surgery, most of these comorbidities will go away or improve and many will stop taking medications as those medical problems disappear
- One of the greatest changes in a patient’s daily life after weight loss surgery is that gain energy in life. The patient will choose to be more active and it is common for them to have more physical activities in their day. Simple activities that they would have not considered in the past, such as not worrying about finding the closest parking spot, going on walks, playing with their kids, starting physical hobbies such as biking or hiking, using the stairs instead of an elevator, tying their shoes, and so much more. The patient will find life so much easier not having to carry all that extra weight anymore. It is refreshing to easily do tasks and have the stamina to perform them.
- Weight Loss procedure results in positive changes in patient’s gut hormones and in their brains.
- Patients will be able to go to a gym and won't struggle to lift items or performing basic physical tasks.
- Patients will be able to even eat a meal without spilling it all over their clothes as they will sit that much closer to the table and won’t have to navigate the fork over the belly.
- Committed Patients will change and will make a serious decision about everything they eat. They will change their bad eating habits and will learn to eat healthy for life which leads to healthier bodies and minds.
- The Patient’s brain will function much better due to the improved diet. They will not feel tired or fatigued as they have changed their diet and are sleeping better (sleep apnea may go away). Weight loss surgery improves sleep quality
- Patients will feel extremely happy when they fit in regularly sized clothes. They will be able to get dressed with modern styles of clothes instead of big and tall clothes as well as feel great and more confident
- Weight loss patients will easily fit into a cinema or airplane seat. They actually feel more confident when using chairs, hammocks, ladders, etc.
- Patients will feel more confident after losing excess weight and will be more socially active and will enjoy more meaningful relationships
- Weight loss surgery will improve patients’ emotional, mental and physical life for sure, bringing to them an enjoyable way of living!
- A patient's sex life will also improve as well as they will have more energy and more confidence in themselves!
As you can see from just some of the above benefits and ways weight loss surgery changes your life, having surgery will drastically impact the new you! Weight Loss Team, the bariatric surgery center located at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital in Puerto Vallarta Mexico not only offers Mexico’s leading surgeons but the best possible hospital in Mexico for your weight loss surgery.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Surgery Center at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911