If you are morbidly obese, gastric sleeve surgery could in fact save your life. If you are thinking about having Gastric Sleeve Surgery, you most likely have 60 or more pounds to lose and those who are morbidly obese usually have comorbidities that can improve with the weight loss that occurs after surgery.
Obesity is a lifelong disease and this means that there is no surgery, diet, or medication that can by itself offer the patient a permanent cure. The surgery component to combat obesity requires good aftercare and lifestyle changes that will provide the patient wonderful long-term results not only for weight loss success; but also long-term health improvements. By committing to a post weight loss surgery diet and making lifestyle changes requires many interpersonal adjustments for the individual, including how the patient thinks about him or herself. As a tool to combat obesity, the gastric sleeve not only works but can save your life!
Knowing all of the above, here below, are some of the aspects of Gastric Sleeve patients’ lives that could be saved with surgery:
- First of all, with Gastric Sleeve Surgery, many patients have experienced a great improvement in overall health and weight-related conditions such as reductions or reversals in high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea among others, overall there is also a major reduction in overall risk of death from obesity.
- Gastric Sleeve makes patients’ stomachs smaller and they will feel full quicker, learning much better nutritional habits in general by sticking to a healthy regimen
- Gastric Sleeve changes how patients approach food
- As patients realize their weight loss, their energy will increase, bringing a renewed vigor to an active and healthy lifestyle. Physical functions such as mobility improve
- Patients will improve their work and social interactions because they will gain more self-confidence and higher self-esteem
- Mental health will be improved as the patient embraces their new lifestyle by breaking with old habits. Depression and anxiety should be reduced as well.
- Patients will be able to do many activities they could not do before because of being overweight. They will be more active and happier doing their daily activities
- The sex life gets much better
- Being single is significantly reduced
- Unemployment is reduced
- Less disability
- Gastric Sleeve changes a person’s life for the better both physically and mentally or even emotionally
People who undergo Gastric Sleeve Surgery anticipate positive changes in their lives, many of them have a higher chance of starting new relationships, even getting married. Relationships change in many ways, as patients change; they are not the same after Gastric Sleeve. They will experience one of the most profound changes in their lives and some will even have their lives saved by gastric sleeve surgery.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Surgery Center at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911