Obese people, after trying different kind of diets with no results, start to look for better options to lose weight. As such many start researching Weight Loss procedures or even Plastic surgery or body contouring procedures such as liposuction or tummy tucks to help them get their expected results. Many people don’t know which surgery is better for them, liposuction to suck out the fat or weight loss surgery. Here we will try to explain to you the differences between plastic surgery and weight loss surgery.
It is very important that patients understand the difference between plastic surgery and weight loss surgery, otherwise lack of knowledge can lead many patients to poorly made decisions and multiple surgeries.
There many aspects patients should learn and consider:
- Plastic surgery is not a weight loss method but an option to help patients to improve their bodies or shapes after achieving a healthy weight.
- Plastic surgery should be considered if your BMI is under 30
- Both procedures’ main objective is to improve patient’s appearance and enhanced self-confidence, leading to a happier and healthier mental life. However, weight loss surgery activates weight loss, plastic surgery does not.
- Weight loss surgery is medical, plastic surgery is mainly cosmetic
- Weight loss surgery cannot remove excess skin or contour body shape but plastic surgery does.
- Weight Loss Surgery should be considered if your BMI is over 30
- Plastic surgery can tighten stretched out abdominal muscles, remove excess skin from patient’s belly, reduce isolated fat pockets, sculpt body proportions, etc.
- Weight Loss Surgery helps patients combat morbid obesity.
Taking all this into consideration, patients usually choose to undergo plastic surgery after weight loss surgery and after losing a substantial amount of weight, though, they still may have loose, heavy folds of skin left as a reminder of their former self; their skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size and this keeps them from enjoying their results or even cause additional health concerns, as such these patient look to plastic surgery to tighten up their new bodies. The plastic surgery helps the weight loss patient get their look back, and though they will be left with some scarring usually this is preferred to loose folds of skin.
It is very common that extra inches of floppy skin may hang from the upper arms, chest, stomach, thighs and buttocks. This is like having sheets of skin that rub against each other, provoking to the patient body irritation and difficulties for hygiene. Plastic Surgery will help to remove that extra skin and improve the tone and shape of the tissue in arms, thighs, breasts, buttocks, face and abdomen. It is important to find a plastic surgeon that specializes in post weight loss surgery. Weight Loss Team in Puerto Vallarta not only specializes in Weight Loss surgery but also offers post weight loss plastic surgery in the safe resort town of Puerto Vallarta Mexico.
If patients have lost a significant amount of weight whether through weight loss surgery, a strict diet or lifestyle changes, plastic surgery will play an important role in helping them achieve their goals for their bodies.
For more information regarding Clinics/ Hospitals and Weight Loss Options mentioned in this article:
Weight Loss Team – Bariatric Surgery Center at the CMQ Riviera Nayarit Hospital
Telephone: Toll free 1(800) 404-9064 or + 1(818) 949-6911