Lose over Half of Your Excess Weight with LAP-BAND Surgery
The LAP-BAND® system is designed to significantly reduce your stomach’s capacity to hold food. You will feel fuller faster and longer; by restricting the quantity of food you are able to eat, you will end up losing a significant amount of weight. The laparoscopic LAP-BAND® system is an inflatable silicone ring that is placed around the top portion of the stomach, reducing the stomach’s capacity.
The LAP-BAND® system can be adjusted over time to more precisely fulfill and promote longer-lasting, optimal results. This form of bariatric surgery is not appropriate for everyone; most patients are better off considering the gastric sleeve surgery. Ask us which surgery is right for you.
This reversible procedure requires only 4 or 5 tiny incisions to be made on the abdomen and requires only 1 night in the hospital.
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
60% WEIGHT LOSS
1 YEAR TO REACH GOAL
The Lap Band surgery takes about one hour to perform. The patient on average should lose about half of their excess body weight in a relatively short period of time.
*Notice the results may vary for each patient depending on many factors related to race, age, health, gender and whether or not the patient follows the doctor’s post-operative instructions.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Potential for significant weight loss as long as the patient follows all of the doctor’s instructions.
- Improved health.
- The band is adjustable, which means it can easily be tightened, loosened, or completely removed.
- Lower complication rate because the gastrointestinal track is left intact and untouched.
- Shorter recovery time than other weight loss procedures.
- Results are shown over a longer period of time as opposed to other weight loss surgeries and truly depend on the patient’s diet and exercise.
Contact Our Team
If you are interested in undergoing LAP-BAND surgery, contact our team online or call (818) 949-6911 today.